By Peter Justen –
When I’m asked to speak on small business, it always amazes me how few people realize the role small business plays in our economy. Here are some interesting stats from the Small Business Administration.
- Small businesses Generate $5 Trillion in business in the US
- Represent 99% of all employer firms
- Pay 44% of total US payroll
- 68% of employment
- Employ 50% of private sector employees
These are the numbers that helped build our country, that keep our economy running strong, that create the jobs. We don’t need bailouts or government assistance…all we need is the opportunity and the drive to make it happen. (more…)
If you are using social media to market your business, you are always on the hunt for more Facebook fans, Twitter followers and LinkedIn connections, but how and where do you get them? The answer may be sitting right in front of you. Your email list can be one of the best resources to help build your social following, and here are six easy ways to do just that:
1. Send a dedicated email. Send a special email to your subscribers announcing your social media presence every now and then. But don’t stop there. Make sure to tell these people why they should connect with you on social media in addition to email. For example, it’s because they’ll get additional tips/advice, be the first to hear about exclusive promotions/deals, or whatever else you decide to share. We are a big fan of telling subscribers that social media is where they can join you in a conversation. After all, email is a one-way “push” from you, so your customers will want somewhere where they can interact with you.
2. Include links in your email newsletter. Make your social media presence a regular part of your normal mailing by adding links to your social network profiles within the emails you already send. This will provide your customers with a constant reminder that they can connect with you in multiple places. (more…)