During the last 9 years at GoDaddy — the world’s #1 ICANN-accredited domain registrar, offering website builders, eCommerce solutions and everything else small business owners need to shine online — Shawn has built dozens of professional websites, managed multiple writing teams, created training and education programs, and acted as an advocate for customer service throughout the company. Connect with Shawn on Google+ and Twitter.
Did you know that companies that leverage email marketing estimate its overall return on investment at 119 percent?* That’s an impressive ROI! Without a doubt, a carefully considered email marketing campaign can reap high returns for savvy small business owners.
Email marketing is an opportunity to connect with existing customers and prospects in ways that other online marketing resources cannot. When done correctly, an email marketing campaign can boost brand awareness, pique interest in your products and services, communicate value to a targeted audience, and generate sales.
So, how do you do it right? Here are five tips for top-notch email marketing:
1. Email campaign companies offer resources like opt-in buttons or sign-up forms to help build permission-based contact lists.
2. You’ll build credibility and loyalty when you deliver what you promised. Get creative, but be sure to provide the type of information recipients signed up for. And remember to include at least one compelling call to action, such as “Call today to start saving!”
3. Test different days and times to see which combination has the best open rate. Consistency breeds confidence!
4. Send both HTML and plain text versions of your campaign (newsletter or other e-offering) so all of your contacts can read your message on their computer or mobile device.
5. Take every opportunity to build that valuable contact list! Add sign-up forms to your website and social media profiles, or collect contact information in person at events.
By taking the time to create a well-planned email marketing campaign, you’ll open a promising new sales channel with minimal financial investment.
*Source: 2013 MarketingSherpa® Email Marketing Benchmark Survey
This guest post is courtesy of GoDaddy®. As the Web’s top platform for small businesses, GoDaddy can help you easily start, confidently grow, and successfully run your own venture. www.godaddy.com
About the Author
GoDaddy Communications Director Shawn Pfunder built his first website at a public library 15 years ago. Despite the miserable Internet connection, he was hooked and has been helping others get online ever since. Shawn’s passionate about teaching and is convinced that a good story is the best way to do it.