What’s QuickBooks Self-Employed?
If you are a freelancer or independent contractor in any field, QuickBooks Self-Employed can help you stay prepared for tax time throughout the year. With your input, and by eventually understanding your way of doing business, QuickBooks Self-Employed will help you separate business and personal expenses as well as identify Schedule C deductions. If you need more guidance, or have loyalties to a tax preparer, you can invite them to sign-in to your account so their job becomes easier as well!
What makes it so special? Along with the tax readiness, QuickBooks Self-Employed offers tools that help you find and maximize deductions so you can focus on doing what you love. Yep, that means more money back in your pocket and more time to do what you do best.
On average, QuickBooks Self-Employed subscribers identify $4,340 in potential tax savings per year.*
But how does it work? QuickBooks Self-Employed customers get these where-have-you-been-all-my-life features:
1) Easily track your expenses. Once you connect a bank account, expense tracking helps you separate your personal and business spending with just the swipe of a screen.
2) Automatically track your mileage. Using your phone’s GPS, the mileage tracker records all business trips taken––meaning no more pen and paper or screenshots of your odometer.
3) Snap and store receipts. Take photos of receipts from expenses, and ditch your old shoeboxes. QuickBooks Self-Employed pulls the data and matches it to an expense or creates a new one.
4) Invoice your clients. Create and send invoices at any time –– you can even add your logo for a personalized touch. The best part? QuickBooks Self-Employed lets you know when your invoice is viewed and paid.
5) Estimate taxes quarterly and at year-end. Know what you’ll owe with quarterly tax estimates. At year-end, you can work with your accountant to file.
It really is that simple. Wanna try it before you buy it? QuickBooks Self-Employed is free for 30 days –– no credit card required.
* Based on subscribers that have identified >$0 in business expenses and of those users that have >$0 in tax savings