Want more Fans and Followers? Start by Looking at Your Email List
1. Send a dedicated email. Send a special email to your subscribers announcing your social media presence every now and then. But don’t stop there. Make sure to tell these people why they should connect with you on social media in addition to email. For example, it’s because they’ll get additional tips/advice, be the first to hear about exclusive promotions/deals, or whatever else you decide to share. We are a big fan of telling subscribers that social media is where they can join you in a conversation. After all, email is a one-way “push” from you, so your customers will want somewhere where they can interact with you.
2. Include links in your email newsletter. Make your social media presence a regular part of your normal mailing by adding links to your social network profiles within the emails you already send. This will provide your customers with a constant reminder that they can connect with you in multiple places.
3. Encourage discussion. In your email newsletters, ask people what they think of the topics you discuss and direct them to your Facebook Page or to Twitter and encourage them to share their thoughts. These kinds of strong social calls to action will provide a link between the two channels, just make sure you are monitoring the discussion so you can reply and keep it rolling.
4. Enable social sharing. Incorporating sharing features into your email marketing gets your email out onto social networks where it will be seen by people beyond your mailing list. This can be as easy as adding the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons in the body of the email. Your audience will share the message with their networks as long as you provide solid content and make it easy for them to do so.
6. Incentivize your subscribers. One national maker of dog bones and chews we know ran a campaign to increase its number of Facebook Likes by offering a $20 coupon to email subscribers once it reached 5,000 Likes. Your goal doesn’t have to be as ambitious, but you can still reward your email subscribes if they help you get to your desired number.