Events & Special Campaigns
Take advantage of national, regional and state events and campaigns that happen through the year.
Sample of Campaigns/Events:
- America’s SBDC Winter Meeting (State Director event in Washington, D.C.)
- National SBDC Day, the third Wednesday of March
- National Small Business Week
- Small Business Saturday
- State/Regional Events hosted by SBDC Networks
Voted “Top 100 Websites for Entrepreneurs” by Forbes.
The America’s SBDC Blog launched in November 2011 and was named one of the “Top 100 Best Websites for Entrepreneurs” by Forbes in 2013. Our blog is one of the most viral pieces in our SBDC network. SBDCs repost and share our blog everyday. Plus all the posts are shared through our social media outlets. Get credit for being an industry expert with a network of over 5,000 small business counselors.
- All entries are due the 15th of every month and emailed to America’s SBDC at email@example.com.
- America’s SBDC has the right, after 3 late or failure to submit entries, to terminate your contribution on the blog.
- America’s SBDC reserves the right to reject any entry, and to make stylistic and grammatical changes to posts.
- All blogs must be education focused.
- All blogs should include a company description or author bio and a logo or headshot.
America’s SBDC ‘Network Connect’
Open Rate: 30%
The America’s SBDC monthly newsletter is sent to the entire SBDC network including SBDC State & Associate State Directors, Center Directors, Advisors and others in the SBDC network. The focus of the newsletter is to provide updates and opportunities to the network. This information could include job opportunities, new webinars/events, updates from the Board of Directors or Committees and much more. This is the perfect place to announce a new event, offer or news.
We will typically run your announcement in two editions of the newsletter. Have a quote, event photos or follow-up info? Great, let us highlight the success of your project in the newsletter.
- Email us to find out when the next newsletter is going out and your info must be submitted at least 24 hours before the launch date/time.
- To avoid a lengthy newsletter we like to provide 1-2 short paragraphs and link to a PDF or website. Plan to provide your info in both formats.
Webinars and Social Events
Have something to share with our network or their clients via webinar or through social channels? We will announce and promote your webinar in our newsletter and if appropriate through our social media websites. Or we can co-host a social event like a Twitter Chat or live event with you.
- Who is your audience, SBDCs or SBDC clients?
- We recommend that webinars not run over an hour.
- We recommend webinars be scheduled around 2-3 pm EST to catch all time zones.
- America’s SBDC does not provide a webinar service. However we suggest using Anymeeting.com, their service is free.
- Links to the webinar registration and/or landing pages must be provided.
- You will need to submit any logos or graphics in jpeg/png format.
- A webpage or marketing piece must be provided to share information on the event with the network.
- Collateral must be submitted as a PDF.
For more information on communication and marketing opportunities contact:
For partner, sponsor and exhibitor information contact:
8990 Burke Lake Rd. 2nd Floor
Burke, VA 22015